Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh, poor neglected blog!

In which I write a blog post about writing blog posts. Or not writing them, as the case may be.

Believe it or not, I used to be a blogaholic! I had a fairly popular blog about feminism and mothering and I blogged nearly every day. But now…not so much, huh? I am sure it doesn’t help that I have created a homeschooling blog where I feel I can only talk about homeschooling. And although some people (mostly non-homeschoolers) might think that my children must consume every ounce of my time and energy since they are home all of the time, this simply is not true. I have a lot of thoughts and ideas and interests. And I am going to use this space to share them. So there, Internet.


So, enough about my children! What am I doing?
I am knitting a teal sweater for Irene from Debbie Bliss’s Junior Knits. This is my first sweater and it will require some seaming, but I will conquer this project! I may be crying and swearing by the time it is wearable, and it may be a size too small for her before the sweater is completed, but it will get done.

I am dreaming, really seriously deeply dreaming about my spring garden. Every time I park in front of my house, I do a little brainstorming for the front yard flower garden. Note to self: ask landlord to hang flower boxes!

I have been running. Actual, regular, trying-to-get-faster-and-build-endurance running. I am running an 8K on Sunday and I cannot wait. It will hurt, but it will be fantastic. Next step: Chicago marathon?

I have also been sewing. I suck at sewing. But I will get better! If I stick with squares and rectangles, sewing loves me. When I stock up on patterns at Joann’s and attempt a summer dress for Emma, sewing does not love me. I have also been giving embroidery a try.

We are trying a new diet for our kitty: raw food. Tonight he ate an egg and then he cuddled with me for an hour. I think he likes it. And in other pet news, we are seeking landlord permission for some backyard hens. Our fingers and toes are crossed.

And most exciting, I am in training to become a birth doula and LLL leader. Extra money doing what I love and being able to homeschool? Yes, please!

Phew! That feels better!

No comments:

Post a Comment